The fitness tracker is a device that records an individual’s physical activity such as walking and running and calculates the number of calories burnt. While this is the primary function of any fitness tracker, there are many advanced activity trackers (fitness trackers) in the market with advanced features.
The features include footstep count, heart rate, track your sleep, phone alerts upon connecting with Bluetooth and much more. It is hard to choose the best fitness trackers as there are many available on the market. One tip would be to search for fitness band reviews online to get an overview of products.
We have done the search part and here are the top 5 fitness tracker reviews in the year 2018:
1. Fitbit Alta HR, Black, Small (US Version)
This tracker has got all the handy features inside to amaze us. Turn on, and it automatically tracks footsteps, calories burned, distance covered, heart rate, sleep and 7 days of battery life on full charge. The battery life may decrease or stay constant as it depends on the usage of users. Connect the tracker to the Fitbit app, and it syncs your data automatically.
- Get the power of continuous heart rate in Fitbit's slimmest design yet-all day, during workouts and beyond
- With heart rate, you can better measure calorie burn, and use zones (Fat Burn, Cardio, and Peak) to find the right workout intensity for your goals
- See how working out more can improve your health by comparing your resting heart rate trends to your activity
2. Fitbit Ace, Activity Tracker for Kids 8+, Power Purple/Stainless Steel One Size
This activity tracker is exclusively for kids above 8 years. It tracks footsteps, sleep, and the stats do get displayed on the screen. Set goals and upon reaching them, the tracker rewards them with fun badges. They can challenge their friends to complete goals and milestones. Connect the tracker to the Fitbit App and visualize the stats. Parents can also create a family account for their child through the app.
- Tracks steps, active minutes and sleep and shows stats on a bright, tap display
- Rewards kids for hitting goals with celebratory messages and achievement badges. Kids can challenge others to step competitions plus send each other messages or cheers
- A showerproof tracker that survives splashes and spills with a secure, adjustable wristband for growing kids (one size). Designed for wrist sizes up to 155 mm/6.10 in
3. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband, Plum, Small (US Version)
This product from Fitbit is a feature-rich activity tracker. Features include track calories burnt in daily activities, heart rate tracking, real-time statistics on your tracker while exercising, notifications like SMS, call, etc. of the smartphone on the tracker and many more. Sync the data across windows, android, and IOS devices.
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak)
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
4. Garmin Vivofit JR – Real Flower
This is the best one for children aged 4-9 years. It tracks steps, active time, sleep and parents can assign chores to children from the app. It will be received by the tracker and displays it. Reward system, random fun facts after they reach goals, 1 year long lasting battery are some of the noteworthy features.
- 1-year battery life - no recharging needed. Physical dimensions-Circumference- 5.4 inch. Display size( WxH)-0.39 x 0.39 inches
- 24/7 wearability - swim-friendly with 5 ATM water resistance.Case material:polymer,Strap material:silicone
- Kid tough - easy to put on, the 1-size-fits-most, nonstaining, 1-piece band stretches over your child's hand and fits comfortably. Battery : One replaceable CR1632 coin cell
5. Garmin vivofit JR – Digi Camo
This is a tracker from Garmin with Digi Camo Theme. There is no need to replace the battery as it lasts for 1 year. This tracker is specifically designed for children aged 4-9 years. Parent app is also provided that can be installed on their smartphones. Sync is automatically done between the tracker and app. You can track active time, steps count and sleep.
Reward system after completing goals, chores to perform, and sharing goals with friends are some of the interesting and attractive features.
- 1-year battery life - no recharging needed
- 24/7 wearability - swim-friendly with 5 ATM water resistance. Display resolution 64 x 64 pixels
- Kid tough - easy to put on, the 1-size-fits-most, nonstaining, 1-piece band stretches over your child's hand and fits comfortably
The above are some of the best wearable tracker reviews. Use the fitness trackers and get physically fit, improve sleep, develop hobbies and never miss a call or message anymore. Recharge in successive intervals to avoid device turning off due to the low battery at crucial situations.