The pulse oximeter is a medical device which is designed to measure the level of oxygen in the blood instantly without using any invasive means. It is a small machine that is a clip to the index finger to measure the oxygen level. Doctors use this small portable machine called pulse oximeter to monitor the patient and the pulmonary status on a constant basis. Each patient is recommended to have their own pulse oximeter to keep a record of their oxygen saturation levels even if the therapist is not present. Many brands in the market sell pulse oximeter for hospital use .
Here is a list of the best pulse oximeter for medical professionals:
1. iHealth air wireless pulse oximeter – It is a non-invasive device used to measure the oxygen saturation level in the blood as well as to measure the pulse rate. It is a device that can be used at home and by hospital professionals for clinical use, surgery, anesthesia and intensive care. It is a hospital grade pulse oximeter.
- It is clinically tested, HIPPA compliant, pulse rate, perfusion index and measures blood oxygen level .
- Great for checking Oxygen and pulse before as well as after doing the workout.
- It is wireless, lightweight with easy to use the interactive app.
- It syncs automatically via Bluetooth smart and free ihealth vital app to track your saturation levels
- It is highly priced.
Recommended Post – Best Pulse Oximeters for Infant
2. Bluetooth fingertip pulse oximeter for Apple and Android by Healthtree– One of the most accurate machines available in the market for Intensive Care. It is the best pulse oximeter for healthcare professionals.
- Highly accurate stable results
- Unlimited data storage on the cloud through the app for meaningful results and comparison
- Is fast in giving results
- It is reasonably priced
- It is not suitable for monitoring overnight, or an extended period it gives best results for short monitoring period.
3. Bluetooth fingertip pulse oximeter, heart rate monitor for iOS and Android by Healthtree– This machine is designed to monitor ICU patients on very high parameters. It is a popular pulse oximeter for hospital use .
- Accurate results of oxygen saturation and pulse rate.
- Synchronised well with the free app through Bluetooth to record and Store the data of the patient.
- Rotatable LED display screen which is convenient for the patients.
- Reasonably priced.
- Not any known.
4. Nonin GO 2 Achieve fingertip pulse oximeter– This is a machine that has been designed for individuals. It is being used in hospitals and medical facilities all around the globe. This machine is the leader to fingertip Pulse oximetry.
- The most affordable machine.
- Gives reliable results of oxygen saturation and heart rate values.
- Does not require a prescription to buy.
- Comes with an easy to use User app
- None known
5. Masimo iSpO2 pulse oximeter for Apple iOS devices– This machine is designed to crack and record your pulse and oxygen level measurements over time and share the data with via Email. It provides accurate measurements with the help of signal extraction technology. It helps to measure challenging conditions including the movement and low blood flow.
- Accurate and instant readings provided
- Backed up with the help of general wellness and health apps.
- Big in size
- Very very expensive.
- Advisable for sports and aviation use only
6. Masimo iSpO2 pulse oximeter having a Micro USB connector along with a large sensor for Android device– The device is designed to measure oxygen saturation as well as pulse rate during movements, especially for sports and Aviation use. It’s a widely used pulse oximeter for hospital use.
- Portable, lightweight and comes with a carrying case.
- Can share 12-hour measurement history.
- Best for measuring oxygen levels for hikers, climbers, pilots and even passengers
- Not recommended for making medical use.
- Highly priced.
7. Oxygen Analyser Pro 2 Elite by Salter Labs– This is an easy to use machine design to check oxygen concentration purity for concentrators. It is the best pulse oximeter for doctors.
- Easy to use
- Can check oxygen output
- Easily checks oxygen concentration purity for concentrators of all brands.
- Very expensive
8. Masimo MightySat– This machine uses the leading technology SET to give you accurate measurements of oxygen saturation along with the pulse rate while moving or at the time of low blood flow. It also provides measurements that help to assess changes in breathing rate, hydration, breathing effort, etc. It is accurate when you need it the most.
- Accurate results are given instantly.
- Gives breakthrough measures which are not available on other health and wellness devices like respiration rate and blood variability index.
- Can share its display track, trend and data to iOS and Android devices through its free and easy to use Masimo personal health app.
- Comparatively reasonable.
- Not known.
9. Body Matrix performance monitor– This is not typically a medical device and is used by health-conscious people to record the blood rate, heartbeat, pedometer and provides information needed to support a healthy lifestyle or maximize fitness regimes.
- It is easy to use fits in the palm and give results very quickly and accurately this machine can keep us medication schedule my time date and remind you to track your prescription
- It syncs with Android and iPhone uses for secure sharing of results and reports with family and doctors.
- Best pulse oximeter for healthcare professionals.
- Very expensive
There are a number of pulse oximeters present in the market under different brands. It is up to the doctor and the patient to choose the best oximeter for them according to the uses and results required. The reviews above would help you choose the best pulse oximeter for doctors .